Max1014xls Super 8 Camera
The Max1014xls is the amazing Canon 1014 XLS rebuilt and updated by our in-house team of technicians with decades of experience.
About The Max1014xls Super 8 Camera
The Max1014xls is the amazing Canon 1014 XLS rebuilt and updated by our in-house team of technicians with decades of experience. We repair all aspects of the camera, artfully re-crafting its internal-structure and features so that you are getting the very best camera with characteristics that surpass the original specifications. All cameras are sold fully film-tested and ready to go!
This camera includes newly added features such as the recalibrated take-up torque to handle modern film stocks, removed internal 85 filter system for increased resolution, and up-to-date ASA settings for automatic exposure controls.
The Max1014xls Super 8 Camera Features
- Lockable trigger handle for handheld or tripod use
- Powers on 6 AA batteries
- Removed internal 85 filter system for higher quality images
- Recollimated and realigned parts
- Built in zoom lens (manual or auto zoom)
- Filming speeds of 9, 18, 24 and 36 fps
- Time-lapse feature at 1 frame every 1, 5, 20 and 60 seconds
- Internal exposure meter with automatic/manual modes
- Max 8 modification for widescreen film formatting and increased resolution
- Crystal Sync modification to sync sound with a separate recorder
The Max1014xls Super 8 Lens Features
- Canon C-8 6.5-65mm zoom
- f1.4 – f45 manual/auto aperture
- Macro feature for close focusing
- Recollimated optics
- Repaired and relubricated mechanics
The Max1014xls Super 8 Camera comes standard with Max 8 and Crystal Sync!
What is Max 8?
Max 8 is a widescreen Super 8 film format with increased resolution for beautiful HD picture quality. This process involves widening the film gate to allow maximum use of the film’s negative space, recollimation of the lens and optics to center the image, and the addition of 16×9 frame lines in the eyepiece to aid in framing for the HD aspect ratio. Max 8 footage must be transferred on a Max 8 equipped scanner for the full quality.
What is Crystal Sync?
Crystal Sync allows you to sync your Max1014xls camera with sound. A crystal-controlled module is built in the camera to keep the motor running at exactly 24 fps (NTSC) or 25 fps (PAL) for sync sound with a separate recorder. This is great for situations where sound and picture must remain in perfect sync, such as music videos or dialogs.