The Power of Super 8 Film Boot Camp is Back! And we are taking it On-line!
Sam Raimi, director of Spider Man and Evil Dead recently stated in an online magazine “My advice to young filmmakers is to make a Super 8 film a week. Make film no matter what anyone says, and you will be a filmmaker.”
The Power of Super 8 Film Online Boot Camp is an 8-week online education program that will teach you how and why Super 8 film is still very relevant in today’s cinematic world. We will peel back the curtain and show you how this cost-effective medium was, and still is one of the best creative tools you can use.
The boot camp is made up of 8 one-hour on-line events, where Super 8 expert and owner of Pro8mm Phil Vigeant will give you his no-nonsense approach to the format. You will kick the year off with 8 weeks of new content, with the most up to date information on how Super 8 is applied in the film industry today.
• SUPER 8 CAMERAS: Where and how to get a camera for under $20; Basic camera maintenance, Basic camera features and functions
• FILM STOCKS: Everything you need to know about film stocks: new, old, manufacturers; what to use in various shooting conditions
• DIGITAL SCANNING: hundreds of workflows; how and when to use them. Diferences in codecs, framing, 24 vs. 18fps, i vs. p.
• THE PITCH: How and when to pitch Super 8 film to clients
• SHOOTING TIPS: Tips to get better-than-average results with your Super 8 camera
• WORKFLOWS: How to pull all the major components of the process together for one spectacular project
• APPLICATION: The best of the best showcasing who uses Super 8 film today. We will have a mystery guest. You never know who will drop by Hollywood!
• LEGACY FOOTAGE: How to incorperate legacy or archival footage in modern productions and documentaries.
Additional Materials Include:
• On-line access to Pro8mm’s private Facebook user group, Pro8mm User group, where you can chat, post videos and ask questions to a dedicated group of supportive Super 8 filmmakers. We do daily postings of all things Super 8 covering new and exciting global Super 8 activities such as projects, film festivals and more. This is your place to network with other Super 8 Filmmakers and get your questions answered one-on-one.
• Digital download version of Phil Vigeant’s book “The Power of Super 8 Film”
• 3 One-Hour Videos from The Power of Super 8 Film Live Boot Camp in 2012 covering in-depth detail on some of the most important technical aspects of Super 8 Film Cameras, Film Stocks, Processing, and Scanning.
• 10 One-Hour Radio Shows from the “Home Movie Legacy Project” that focus on specific super 8 filmmakers and topics such as Crowd-Funding, The Digital Dilemma, The Pro8mm Story, Codec’s, Interview with ASC Cinematographer’s such as James Chressanthis, etc.
The first of your Super 8 experience with arrive before Christmas as an E-mail download. You will get the Power of Super 8 film e-book, the 3 Boot Camp Live sessions, and the 10 Hours of Radio. Your Facebook link to the Power of Super 8 film User Group will also be active.
The 8 on-line live sessions will begin in February. Dates TBD. All sessions are recorded if you can't make the live session or want to watch the replay.
Sign up before Christmas to receive the early bird special pricing of $88.88. That is 70% off! Full price starting 1/1/14; $288