Pro8mm is applauded for being a one-stop shop where Super 8 and 16mm cameras, film, processing, digital mastering and treasured family archival services come together for production and archiving. Pro8mm is viewed as the leading experts in Super 8 film, whose products and services have been used in major motion pictures, music videos, television shows, commericals, documentaries, weddings and more. All of our services are performed in house, which allows our dedicated team to provide the fastest turn around times possible with the best quality control for your filmmaking needs. Our specialties include:
- State of the art cameras for sale or rent, rebuilt to surpass original factory specifications with improvements necessary for today's filmmaker.
- An extensive line of reformatted film stocks that range from 50-500 ASA in negative, reversal and black and white.
- Standard and distinctive film processing, including award winning next day processing and scanning.
- Exceptional digital mastering with Y Front technology for optimum dirt and scratch concealment of both production work and treasured family archival home movies in HD/SD for 8mm, super8, Max 8, 16mm and Super 16mm. Our Millennium 2 HD scanner is based on a 1920 x 1080 work platform with a daVinci 2K color corrector. Workflows include compressed/uncompressed files, HD CAM tape, Blu Ray Disk, 1080p, and 1080i in NTSC or PAL.
- All-inclusive packages of film, processing and scanning designed to save you time and money. Everything is done in house at our Burbank facility by a team of professional, dedicated staff with over 35 years of experience in the industry.
Our Mission is to provide a platform where small format film origination can be maintained and excelled. We push Super 8 film production to its maximum potential, preserve history and family legacies, and educate film enthusiasts and the next generation of filmmakers about The Power of Super 8 Film. We have invented products such as Super 8 negative film, Max 8 (a 16 x 9 super 8 format) and Crystal Sync Sound that allows super 8 to be a viable production medium. We use the exact same workflows used by the major post houses so that we can provide the highest quality of services and resources for filmmakers who want to work with the unique esthetic that super 8 film provides.